Peshtemal is multipurpose thin towel. It is called also Turkish Towel, Turkish Bath Towel, Hammam Towel… It is very worldwidly famous by its size, absorbency and lightweight
With its fine textures;
• Peshtemal is a practical alternative to the towel at home in your bathroom.
• It is ideal for SPAs & massage facilities. Use it as a towel or wrap after shower or as a massage cover-up.
• Peshtemal is a perfect choice for today’s active life style. Take it to gym, yoga class, pool, beach or use on your yacht. They are perfect companion for all sport activities and travel.
• Peshtemal is a chic, original and multipurpose accessory for your holiday in the sun. It will serve as a towel, a chic wrap, a pareo / sarong over a swim suit on the beach or boat or at the pool.
• Perfect, lightweight choice for travelling, camping and backpacking.
• Very practical for baby care. Use it after giving your baby a bath or while changing diapers or as a baby wrap.
• Peshtemals will make excellent accessories for your home, use it as a throw, a table cloth or picnic blanket.
• Peshtemal will be a perfect gift for your loved ones.
• Peshtemals can be utilized in many businesses; hotels, bed and breakfast businesses, leisure centres, SPAs, pools, GYM, sport/massage facilities. Your guests will like them.
Traditionnaly Peshtemal …
In old times, Peshtemal is used to cover the body in hammam or bath, or wrapped from the waist to prevent contamination of clothes while working. Peshtemal has reached to the present from the historic Turkish hammam era. It has a history of nearly six hundred years in Anatolia.
Peshtemal is a handicraft. Throughout history this Turkish towel was produced by weaving on hand looms by women in Turkey’s eastern Black Sea and Aegean regions. It has got a rich color harmony. Peshtemal is usually woven by cotton, linen or bamboo yarns.
Peshtemal primarily used as hammam towel in Turkey. Sultans of the Ottoman dynasty were also wearing peshtemal in the hammam. According to the ancient Turkish traditions when a couple decided to marry they were giving to each other bath set as a gift. Peshtemal was the most indispensable piece of this set. This Turkish hand-woven has also been used for clothing in the old days. Later both was changed the form and was varied.
Nowadays, peshtemal used as bath towels an as bathrobe at beaches, in saunas, baths and Turkish hammams. It is preferred in travel because of its thinness and lightness and also very easy to dry.
It is absorptive as terrycloth. Peshtemal also used as authentic beach pareo as well as it used as beach towel.
Peshtemal that succeeded in being the trend of recent times, after the beaches of Turkey began to be used on the world-famous beaches such as St. Tropez and Cannes. In these days a lot of celebrities seem with peshtemal on the beaches. Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore, Robert De Niro, Steven Spielberg and Bill Gates among the celebrities that use Peshtemal in the beaches.